Time is ticking away, and only a few weeks to take your PHR or SPHR exam. Some people are studying like crazy (which they should be) and others are stressed out knowing the test date is looming. What’s the best way to get ready, knowing your deadline is near? Here’s a few quick tips to help you keep on track:
1. Remember, the exam is only multiple choice – no written answers. Work on focusing how to answer a 4 choice question. Eliminate the two wrong answers, and identify the others that may be possible. This will help you gain confidence and focus in answering questions.
2. Don’t forget to review terminology. If you’ve been in HR a long time or not, the exam will have some terminology that is and is not familiar. Be sure to have some means to review terms currently in use either by means of a manual or study materials.
3. Review the HRCI body of knowledge. This is important because they’ll tell you what is being tested – if you’ve missed an area or are uncertain about a topic, this can help you refocus.
4. Try not to cram at the last minute. Both the PHR and SPHR are designed to assesss knowledge based on real word experience – so if you’re late on studying, focus on the areas where you’re most unfamiliar.
5. Take practice tests – whether they’re free or not, practice, practice, practice. This will get you in the groove for exam day!
Yes, the window for taking the PHR or SPHR will close in a few short weeks – so keep the ball in motion, stay focused, and work those exams to help you achieve great results!Need Extra Practice Before Your HR Certification Exam?
Check Out Our Online PHR and SPHR Practice Exams. You’ll Get Instant Access to a 125 Question PHR or SPHR Exam Simulation That You Can Take Anytime, Day or Night.